Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Favorite (Free) Foodie Apps

These are a few of my most used apps & more reasons I love my iPad!

MyFitnessPal - I know I mention & will mention this non-stop (kind of like those CrossFit people that talk about NOTHING BUT CrossFit!) but it really is my most used app. Available on the iPad, iPhone, Android Market and from your browser. It's simple and reliable and I use it to track my daily food and exercise and calculate recipe nutrition facts. You can save your own recipes and create reports on your fitness and nutrition progress. There is also a forum where people can submit their own healthy recipes.

Pepperplate - a recipe box for your iPad. Access from the iPad app or through your browser. It allows you to upload a photo, create shopping lists and menus and share recipes via email, Facebook or Twitter. Also has cooking timers in case you need an extra in the kitchen.



All Recipes - I've made plenty of recipes from this app and the website. User reviews and feedback on the recipes are a big help.

SparkRecipes - from Spark People. Available as an iPad app as well. This is a great resource for healthy recipes. I also do like the Spark People website, just not for my fitness tracking and food diary, I find that part of it too busy.

Whole Foods Recipes - iPad app has some excellent recipes, I've adapted a few of my own from this app. You can choose recipes based on dietary restrictions or search based on what you have on hand. The only thing this app needs is recipe reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment